Thursday, May 28, 2009

This is why I need a crew!

Last weekend was the Soulbeach festival in Aruba and we got treated to some great performances by Estelle, Jamie Foxx, Common, Robin Thicke, Etana and Wayne Bradie. I am not much a soul/R&B fan, but I still had a lovely time on the beach.

Estelle was great. She has an amazing voice and is such a lovely and funny London girl! I was chatting with her backstage and was just so gutted that I had no camera team with me, we could have done such a nice interview! All I had was my sister's Blackberry, so I decided to- at least- take our picture. Funny though, I had no idea how to do that. Estelle had to set it up for me. I am so useless with all forms of technology. See? That's why I need a crew!

I also didn't realize until later that you can make voice-recordings on a Blackberry. I got a quick ident from Robin Thicke and a few lovely rants from Common, but I messed them up too! Only the Robin Thicke one got recorded. See? I told you. I'm crap with technology/buttons, etc.

By the way, Robin Thicke was brilliant too. Incredible voice, only it's a bit weird to see him bump and grind and fake orgasms on stage, without making fun of himself in some shape or form. If he was having a laugh with it, he'd be able to get away with it (ala Robbie Williams), but now it just looked rediculous. Shame!

0 Comments: